Healthcare is a core industry and focus at 2 Hare Court, with over 10 years experience in the sector. Members have built an impressive reputation for providing elegant and finely-balanced advocacy and advice to many healthcare regulatory bodies such as the:
- General Medical Council
- Nursing & Midwifery Council
- General Dental Council
- General Optical Council
- General Chiropractic Council
- General Osteopathic Council
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Health & Care Professions Council
Members also defend individuals in the profession via their defence organisations and indemnity providers. They have in-depth experience and knowledge of working on matters involving the private and public health care sectors.
The healthcare industry, like many others, is suffering from budget cuts and an increase on demand for services. The increase in demand on systems has led to developments within the sector such as technological advancements in the machinery used and new medicines and treatments being encouraged by professionals. Legislation will have to adapt to include these new processes.
Changes in healthcare regulations are already beginning to shape of the sector for 2016, such as:
- In February 2015, the Department of Health issued a 53-page consultation document entitled ‘Rebalancing Medicines Legislation and Pharmacy Legislation: Draft Orders under section 60 of the Health Act 1999’. Comments and views were sought on two pharmacy related draft Orders being made under the powers of Section 60 of the Health Act.
- On 6th April 2015 The General Dental Council brought into effect new guidance for the Professional Conduct Committee, including Indicative Sanctions Guidance.