ANNOUNCEMENT: 8 March 2021
Chambers mini-pupillage programme is now open again for applications after a period of suspension during the pandemic.
The closing date for applications is FRIDAY 30 APRIL 2021
- Mini-pupillage is work experience with a barrister. It is an excellent opportunity for you to make an informed decision about whether a career as a barrister is for you. We do not expect you to have completed a mini-pupillage with Chambers if you later apply for pupillage.
- Our mini-pupils are offered the opportunity to attend court or other hearings, to work on legal research in Chambers and attend conferences. We expect that mini-pupils will attend the whole week. We will ask mini-pupils to sign a confidentiality undertaking upon arrival.
- There are no interviews for mini-pupillage and mini-pupillages are not assessed.
- Mini-pupils have to be at least 18 years old at the time of commencing the mini-pupillage.
- We are committed to promoting access to the profession and opportunities for those who have historically been underrepresented at the Bar. We encourage and particularly welcome applications from women, people of minority ethnic origin, people with disabilities, those who are LGBTQI+, and those who were or are state school educated.
- We are initially offering mini-pupillages for the following months only, numbers will be limited because of the limited number of trials that are running.
- Selected mini-pupils will be expected to pay for their travel and subsistence costs for the week. If prospective mini-pupils do not have sufficient means to pay for their own travel costs, Chambers will pay for a 5 day zones 1-6 travelcard and £10 per day subsistence. You will need to indicate that you do not have sufficient means on the application form.
- Please click on this link here to access the application form, fill it in, save the file as ‘your name – month of choice – 2HC application form’ and then email the form to Mini-Pupillage@2harecourt.com. Please do not send covering letters or a CV.
- We regret we are only able to notify successful applicants.
- Mini-pupillages may be subject to short notice cancellation depending on the public health situation.