Chambers is widely acknowledged as one of the foremost criminal sets in the country, which offers specialised and dedicated representation for defence clients at all levels of the criminal justice system up to and including the Supreme Court.
Chambers was awarded Crime Set of the Year in The Legal 500 UK 2017 Awards and Orlando Pownall QC was shortlisted for Crime Silk of the Year in both the Legal 500 UK 2017 Awards and Chambers UK Bar Awards 2016.
Members appear throughout England and Wales, Northern Ireland and the Caribbean, and in other international jurisdictions. They provide outstanding legal knowledge, focused and timely advice, and robust and effective advocacy to individuals and corporates.
Chambers offers unrivalled experience and ability in the defence of cases of murder, terrorism and serious fraud. Expertise is provided at all levels in the fields of drug trafficking, armed robbery, blackmail, money laundering and other serious and organised crime.
Members have appeared for the defence in some of the most challenging and high profile trials in recent years, including:
- The Adam Johnson trial
- The Cairns Trial
- Operation Tabernula – Defendant Charged with 10’s of millions of insider dealings, it was the largest prosecution of its type to ever have been brought.
- The SFO’s Rolls-Royce investigation
- Operation Yewtree matters including Paul Gadd (Gary Glitter)
- R v KM, which used new DNA profiling techniques
- Acting for individuals involved in LIBOR prosecution case
- Jimmy Mbenga gross negligence manslaughter case
- News International phone hacking cases (Rebekah Brooks and Ian Edmondson)
We also specialise in cases involving the use of social media, such as:
- The Facebook juror case
- The Twitter bomb joke case
Many cases in which members of Chambers have been involved have been of sufficient public importance to have been heard in the House of Lords / Supreme Court, including: