Licensed Access is where professional organisations or individuals can instruct barristers, either on behalf of clients or on their own account, if they are deemed or declared as suitable to do so because of their professional expertise.
Most qualified professionals who are automatically deemed suitable, such as:
- Accountants and taxation advisers;
- Architects, surveyors and town planners;
- Insolvency practitioners;
- Insurers; and
Other professionals can apply to the Bar Standards Board (the independent regulator of the Bar) to be licensed to instruct barristers directly in their areas of expertise, either generally or for particular work.
The Licensed Access Recognition Regulations and The Bar Standards Board Handbook for Licensed can be found here.
- You have direct contact with the specialist of your choice who will advise you and present your case before a court or tribunal;
- You avoid duplication of work and cost.
- You are guaranteed the provision of competitive and cost effective legal services.
For more information on how we can assist with your case please complete the form below:
For more information please contact the clerks on 020 7353 5324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. We will guide you through our simple and transparent process and get the right representation for your matter.